Veris Gold Produces almost 15k Ounces of Gold in May

On June 6, 2013, Veris Gold updated investors that in the month of May, the company produced 14,840 ounces of gold.

Here is the link to the press release.

If you are bullish on the company, this is obviously good news. If you are bearish, I am sure you will find something negative to say about it. I wish I could just let everybody leave a comment but unfortunately I had to start moderating comments because some kids simply do not know how to behave. Consequently, if you say something positive or negative about the company, I will approve the comment because you have the right to express anything you want. But if you say something stupid about me personally, well I will simply delete it.

20 Comments to Veris Gold Produces almost 15k Ounces of Gold in May

1. Dave Landy's Gravatar Dave Landy
    June 8, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

My only comment is that it seemed like the stock should be up way more than it was. But, like we always say: this is the junior mining sector.

• sardi's Gravatar sardi
      June 8, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

The price of gold is keeping all miner depressed. Plus Veris has to deliver with some consistency, it has lost a lot of good faith recently.

2. Marc's Gravatar Marc
    June 8, 2013 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

The operational thing is one side of the coin. This stock will sky-rocket, if they’re able to renegotiate the DB-forward.

To my mind this is a tough call. DB has -maybe- 10-15 million shares of VG. At the moment this is more like a rounding error for DB. It’s a game like: you want something…you’ll have to pay for.

3. Dave Landy's Gravatar Dave Landy
    June 14, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Anybody got any thoughts on the drill program?

4. June 22, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

NOW is the time to be EXTREMELY bullish on well-capitalized mining stocks.

Capitulation seems to occurring. Go look at the GDXJ as proxy for interest in the mining sector. Volume is declining, the recent plunge has settled into a narrow range. Insider buying has held steady.

Fear turns to despair to loathing and no interest. The market will rally not because of new buyers but of a lack of sellers.

I don’t know about Veris, but this is a historic opportunity. Check back in three years to see if this held true.

5. Josh's Gravatar Josh
    June 23, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Veris is not well-capitalized by any means

6. bob's Gravatar bob
    June 26, 2013 at 11:37 am | Permalink

wow, this thing down to 4 cents pre-split today. are you adding here mariusz? i’m in the buffett camp on gold at this point – but this is pretty crazy.

7. Marc's Gravatar Marc
    June 27, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Well, even a moderate rebound in pog wouldn’t be enough. I think they’ll need a miracle.

8. David Landy's Gravatar David Landy
    June 27, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

The way they’re trading is that if gold or silver goes down by 2% the stock goes down 15%. If the commodity stays flat the stock prices seem to stay flat also. I wonder do they really know the margins these guys will achieve and associated risk of bankruptcy with that kind of precision? If so, they’re better than me.

9. Goldie's Gravatar Goldie
    June 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Is there an blackout period or any other reason Francois stopped buying?

10. Shaun's Gravatar Shaun
    June 27, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Mariusz – if you could buy here what names would you be adding?

Hope all is well with you.

• Haily's Gravatar Haily
      June 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Why? Do you want to lose the rest of your money?

• Mariusz Skonieczny's Gravatar Mariusz Skonieczny
      June 29, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

Shaun,

Sorry it took me so long to respond but I had limited access to the Internet over the last few days.

I would be adding to Aurcana Corporation, Impact Silver, Monument Mining, Goldgroup Mining, and Scorpio Gold,

11. Richard's Gravatar Richard
    June 30, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

If you want an update on what’s happening, go to the Veris Gold site, and then to the AGM , and put on the webcast….the first few minutes are the AGM, then the Llee makes the presentation …..a lot of things are happening ….on the positive side.

Just wish all my coin wasn’t tied up in undervalued junior mining producers, or I would be back in buying a fistfull of VG

12. aagold's Gravatar aagold
    July 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I can’t find this webcast you’re talking about. Can you post a link, or perhaps describe in more detail how to find it? At the top of their home page there’s a menu for “Investors”, and if you click on that there’s a choice for “2013 AGM Proxy Material”, but when I click on that I don’t see any link for a webcast.

13. David Landy's Gravatar David Landy
    July 1, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

The AGM doesn’t sound like a bunch of people fearing imminent bankruptcy.

14. Marc's Gravatar Marc
    July 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Permalink

You could watch the “normal” presentation .pdf. Its updated June, so I think it’s the presentation held at the AGM.

Regarding toll- milling it’s a bit outdated, because Atna won’t deliver any ore. They stopped exploiting their Pinson mine.

15. Richard's Gravatar Richard
    July 5, 2013 at 8:45 am | Permalink

Here is the Webcast site, you have to register….it takes a while to get by the AGM until Llee starts talking